Thursday, February 12, 2009

What's new......

Wednesday the UPS truck showed up and brought us all kinds of goodies....mostly fabric goodies......like 6 bolts of Kona Cotton in all new colours and 45 metres of Southern Belle Muslin which you will just have to come in and see!

I also wanted to "hype" the SOAK! I finally tried it the other night on some "unmentionables" and it is fantastic! Works great on delicates and also on quilts and knits. The best part is you don't have to rinse it out. There are 4 or 5 different fragrances as well as an odourless one. Check out the testers in the store!


Last night we did a presentation at Pieceful Nights Quilters Guild and unveiled all of the new fabrics that arrived....we also announced the first meeting of the UNDERGROUND RAILROAD CLUB which will take place on Thursday February 19th, 2009 at 7:00 P.M. - if you are interested please call the store to reserve a space. There is no charge for the first meeting and an e-mail has gone out to everyone so please check your e-mails!

And now.....for the good stuff! Benartex Bali's - an assortment of 30 Batiks that are "to die for"! So hard to show in a photograph and the quality is amazing! I beleive that this is called the Sea and Sand collection. I place fabric orders well in advance of them arriving and sometimes forget what I ordered (which is why I take pictures when I'm there) so I am always surprised and amazed at what comes in.
By the time I got into the store yesterday afternoon, Kathy had already unpacked the boxes and her and Barb where "gushing" over this really cute fabric I had ordered called "Critters". I couldn't remember it and when I saw it I still didn't remember it but I must have been on a roll that day because this stuff is REALLY cute! Kathy is already chomping at the bit to make up a sample, so we'll see what we can come up with! Again, the photo never does it justice.
We've also managed to replenish our thread cabinet and get some other notions in that were missing....but they go so fast! Some of them have been re-ordered already.....If I'm not mistaken there's another shipment on it's way to us so I'll keep you all posted.....


Happy Quilting!

Jo-Ann

1 comment:

Deb said...

Jo Anne we missed you!! hope you had a wonderful birthday. Thanks for your wonderful comments on my blog and I hope you have had a chance to try the back basting on your Dear Jane (another project!!)
Your fabrics look delicious but I am very interested in your muslin..will have to stop in and visit.
Hope your cold is gone and you can concentrate on the fun stuff.. quilting.