Monday, March 9, 2009

It's what time?????

I'm not sure why I had no idea that we were turning the clock forward last night but I didn't....so there I am catching up on Elaine's Blog and I look down at the corner of my computer and it says 3:00 A.M.! Well I really didn't think it took me that long to read it - so I head for bed and the bedside clock says 2:10 A.M. - so I think I must have misread the computer and I go to bed......
The radio alarm goes off at 7:30 A.M. and I roll over and I hear the guy on 680 doing the news and he says it's 8:30 A.M. - still doesn't click in, I just figure I overslept the alarm (it can go for 2 hours).....THEN they start debating Daylight Savings Time and why we do it and I realize I JUST LOST AN HOUR!!!!! Here's me looking for 4 hours extra in a day and you're telling me I just lost an hour! TIME is my 4 LETTER WORD!!!! It really is.....

I finally roll out of bed at 9:00 A.M. (8:00 A.M. my time) and start preparing to go to the store....go out and make coffee, go back and shower and dress, sit down to watch Coronation Street with my coffee, decide to lie down on the couch and POOF I'm asleep......wake up at 11:30 A.M. and realize there's a class at the store and I have to do lunch........good thing I'm only 5 minutes away!
I get to the store at 11:38 A.M. and start lunch. Pam is teaching Colour Your Fabric and I have to say the girls had a ball.......
Pat dropped by later in the day to show us her latest quilt.......
This quilt was commissioned by her sister who lives in Nova Scotia and is totally into horses (she owns two horses). The detail is absolutely phenomenal and these pictures really don't do this quilt any justice.....
I'm hoping you can see the detail in the photo below........she used a sewing machine stitch to do the ankle wraps for the horses that look like they are actually knitted. The hedge has nubby yarns which make it almost 3 dimensional and the details on the horses flanks are amazing. All of the jockeys are wearing silks.....it really is a masterpiece - there's a steeple showing above the rocks - Steeple Chase........and of course we all had fun picking out the fabrics that came from Cock A Doodle......This is really a show piece!

There was some "show and share" going on yesterday at Healing Heroes which I didn't post. Virginia is doing Teddy Bears, all hand appliqued and hand quilted....

She has a second one in the works as well - all ballerinas........

.....and our own Mary brought in two quilts to show us, one is complete and was a 7(?) year UFO!

.....the second one is only a quilt top looks like they are floating on the waves.....I love it when I get to see all the finished quilts and the works in progress. It is an inspiration and makes me want to go home and FINISH something! TIME is all I lack! I am preparing for the Underground Railroad Club meeting on Tuesday night and Thursday afternoon and I have completed two blocks for my Civil War Diary Quilt (only 119 to go) and one block from the Underground Railroad Quilt in two sizes (I made a slight mistake so instead of wasting the fabric I did a 12" block and a 6" block)......I was hoping to get one more block done tonight on the Civil War but I'm not sure if that's going to happen.....maybe tomorrow!

For now I'll be content to watch as others complete their projects and try very hard to get some of mine done too.....

Happy Quilting!

Jo-Ann

No comments: