Sunday, January 24, 2010

I get caught up......

......with getting things done!  I know that's a good thing but then I tend to forget (neglect) other things!  This past week went like lightening for me!  I found a new obsession (which I will not share as yet)!

Monday night Rich and I decided to work on the storage room in the back of the store so I was treated to a "Gourmet" meal  delivery....he cooked Lamb Chops with Potatoes and Broccoli with Garlic.  Looks scrumptious and trust me it was!  My mouth still waters when I look at this picture!  Such an easy meal to throw together and so delicious!

On Tuesday we recieved an order from StoryQuilts which included some more Post Cards from Japan patterns.....Laurissa is already salivating!  She will be teaching  Mount Fuji on April 10th and she is already working on the next one she wants to teach.  Now I've given her 3 more to ponder.......as usual the pictures don't do these quilts justice at all!

One of our customers came in this week to pick up backing and binding for a quilt she had completed!  She took classes with John Willard in Haliburton this past summer and did two quilts - one is completed and the other is on it's way to completion.......both gorgeous!

Then suddenly it was Friday already.....and we were treated to the Applique Club.  Claudette brought in this fabulous quilt she is completing - I think the pattern is Cabin in The Woods and Nancy started pointing out all the great stuff on it......


We were all admiring it and I should have gotten some close ups - maybe I can play with the photo - we'll have to see......

Not the best photo here but check out how cool the fish look!


It wasn't long before everyone got busy doing our projects and I got busy baking, marking new "stuff" that had come in that day....and I even got busy working on my current hand quilting project......a very productive day!

Yesterday and today I took some time off from the store to just relax a little (sleep alot) and I'm feeling much better than I have for a while.... It was a "good" thing!  I'll try not to leave so much time between blogs though - I actually enjoy updating you all on what's happening in the store....

Speaking of which - next week we start a number of our multi-classes -
Beginner Hand Piecing - starts Monday Jan 25 at 6:30 P.M.
This is a great class for learning how to do hand-work, even if you are an avid machine quilter, hand piecing is a very relaxing past time in front of the TV  (wait until I show you what my new obsession is!)
Patchwork Sampler-Block of The Month-starts Tues. Jan 26 at 6:30 P.M. 
If you haven't yet decided what to do with all those fat quarters you've been collecting or those scraps you've been saving - this is definitely the Block of The Month you don't want to miss.
Machine Quiltmaking - Beginner - starts Wednesday Jan 27 at 6:30 P.M.
Brush up on the basics!  Learn how to quilt.  It really is a great class and there are still 3 spaces left......

Our other classes next week are -
Seasons of The Moon - Table Runner/Hanging
Sunday January 31st - 1:00 P.M. - 4:00 P.M.

.....and don't forget, Sit & Sew is now also on Thursdays........

Looking forward to seeing you all in the store....

Happy Quilting!



Jo-Ann

No comments: