Friday, January 15, 2010

Where does the time go????


It was Monday the last time I blogged (3 times in one day!) and it's already Friday!  What happened? 

First of all - Elaine won the race!  She finished her quilt either Monday or Tuesday (you'll have to check the link at the side of our page to see exactly when) - I knew she would! 

On Tuesday my quilt top was still at the sashing stage........


...and unfortunately it has remained at this stage - hopefully it will be done some time next week!  It's just been a very busy week for me....(Iknow, excuses, excuses, excuses!)  Well until I either figure out how to clone myself or I stop working and just quilt - that's the way it is!

My plans were to work on the quilt Tuesday night and just get it done.  Elaine called around 5:00 P.M. to tell me she wouldn't be coming to the Underground Railroad Club meeting that evening!  I can't believe it - I had completely forgotten that Tuesday night was the meeting!  Good thing Nancy showed up with Rice Krispie Squares, and Laurissa came with Lemon Bars or we would have been stuck with Girl Guide Cookies (they're good but this was better).  There was a great turn out and Fiona brought this fabulous piece she's been working on......it's from a photo she took of her kids when they were in Chicago.......She was looking for a border but we all agreed she had the perfect border already in her stash........the detail work is really amazing!

Wednesday was my guild night and I was on the treat comittee so I did some baking in between marking the fabrics for the new Block of The Month - American Beauty and a bunch of new books that came in......Kathy was busy cutting all the kits for Block 1 of the quilt......

What are the books you ask????  Well, the first one is Fabric + Paint + Thread = Fabulous.  It's a fabulous book about combining mediums to make a great art piece. 

 The second book that came in was Twist-and-Turn Bargello which is an absolutely fabulous Bargello quilt book.

The third book is Simple Style - Easy Weekend Quilts which has some fabulous projects.

Book #4 - we've had before, it's a repeat that is worth repeating.  Blended Borders is one of those must haves in your library and works for all those fabulous large print fabrics......


Book # 5 - Color Shuffle, some really great projects in this one too!

Last but not least is String Quilts which is also a repeat order!  I love this book - it was the Poppies on the cover that hooked me and then I saw the rest of the projects and it's one of those books - you don't know which project to start first.....great stashbuster book!


By the end of the day, Kathy and I were exhausted but we looked out to the parking lot and saw this spectacular sky.  Kathy got a photo and it's not too bad except for the building blocking it........but you kind of get the picture - it was actually very uplifting......

Thursday was our 2nd official Sit & Sew and we had four sewers - it's slowly filling up so I was back in the kitchen again!  i meant to get another picture of the quilt that Linda is working on but I got busy.  It was also the first day of our Open House so nancy and I were on the go most of the day.....

Today - talk about busy!  First Sandy's Pineapple Quilt class, so back in the kitchen but wait until you see these amazing blocks......

This is Leeann's -


This one is Sandy's (which was done before she came.....)!


The other students were getting them done too.........



They are truly wonderful and all from fabric scraps..........it's a great stash buster class!

Tonight is our monthly Friday night Sit & Sew (hmmm! back in the kitchen again!) there are 14 women coming and I've gotta get my act together and go start dinner so I will leave you now and hope to see you all soon, the Open House continues until tomorrow so if you haven't dropped in yet - there's still time......

I imagine I won't have time to do any quilting tonight but I'll be sure to get some photos of what everyone else is doing.....(I quilt vicariously through my customers!)

Happy Quilting!

Jo-Ann

1 comment:

Deb said...

I can't believe how time flew either..it is the middle of Jan already
I love your colors so much better!! com'on girl you can do it!! it is going to look spectacular!!