Monday, January 4, 2010

Sharing......

Like all quilters, I too resolve to finish UFO's every January!  So, I'm not sure if you remember this little project I was working on not so long ago, I came across it again today lying in the bottom of a project bag in my office......well I finished all the blanket stitch tonight while watching Heartland.  Since the back is a muslim-like fabric, I wrote a short history on the back and layered it up for quilting......

I realized there wasn't a lot of quilting needed so I quilted it and got the binding on.  I will put a small sleeve on it and get the binding done while I'm watching TV tomorrow night.  We're going to order a few kits in for those of you who think it's cute (I still like it quite a bit!) however, I will forewarn you that the kit is pretty precise on the fabric cuts.....although in the end there was enough to do the binding from what was provided, I was a little skeptical so I picked something from my stash!  Look for the kits in a couple of weeks!

That's one down (one more than last year I think! - I honestly don't remember completing ANY UFO's this past year!)

I then proceeded to make the pieced borders for the "Ditch Flowers" and managed to get one border on before I ran out of steam......

The jury is still out on the Tri Recs Tool by EZ Quilting which I ran all over "hell's half acre" to find when I bought the pattern and found out I needed this tool!  In fact I think Marti Michell's Sashing Tool will work just as well if not better but I will have to experiment first - will let you all know after I get the sashings done for the Block of The Month.  It actually may be my original piecing of the background was a little off - I mean seriously, this is 7 years in the making!  Seams change - ha, ha!  At any rate, I do hope to have it completed this week some time ( The Ditch Flowers - hmmm, and maybe Marti's American Beauty too!)....

All in all I think it was a pretty productive day!

Happy Quilting!

Jo-Ann

No comments: