Monday, January 11, 2010

Quick update.......

Thank you, thank you, thank you!  We just want to say thank you for "crashing" our website today!  No, seriously - we ran out of bandwidths - that means that so many of you went online to download our newsletter that we didn't have enough downloading capability!  That has all been fixed and you can now download to your heart's content - The Winter Class list has also been updated - so have a great time!

Here's our Show & Share for today.....first of all Effie showed us this fabulous quilt which she came in to buy sashing for a while ago - we matched it up pretty good, I'd say........


Next is Elaine's baby quilt which she completed and brought in to show us!  It was based on a sample quilt we had in the store......She quilted it herself and did a great job!  ....and today she brought her brand new Janome - still in the box - and got moral support from all of us while she worked on her next project!  (Check out Gail - the inspector - checking out those stitches!)

In the fall, a large group of quilters took a great class from Sandy Lindal - Grandma's Stars!  (She's teaching Pineapple on Friday - still time to sign up)On our design wall is Dorothy's version of the quilt which is going to be stunning.....


The next one is MINE!  No I didn't make it - Cathy is making this fabulous, bright quilt for a school auction (and I intend to bid on it!)  It's still awaiting one more border and then it will be quilted.........

Last but not at all least is another Buck A Block Quilt from 2009.  This one is Leeann's and I absolutely love her borders.....exactly what I would have done!

I really do love Monday's - there's always so much to see!  I was very busy in the back placing orders for class supplies and of course I ordered alot of extra stuff too!  Lots of new patterns, books and of course fabrics!  Everything should start arriving soon (like tomorrow - I think!).......we'll soon see! (I'll be sure to let you all know)

Obviously today I broke the record for blogging, 3 times in one day - it's feast or famine here!  You can check out our new Home Page on the website too!  I really was busy......

I'm on my way to the classroom now to move Sonia back to her coveted spot(had to move her to fit all the ladies in today) and continue working on my Block of The Month - the Marti Michell - have you signed up yet?????

Happy Quilting!

Jo-Ann

No comments: