Monday, January 11, 2010

More Sharing.......

It seems to me that I have been cooking more than quilting the last couple of days!  But sometimes that's the way it works at the store, and book work - well suffice it to say that my desk is back in disarray.....I will NOT share the photo (until I clean it up again.....!)  You think you have it under control and then the avalanche hits again!

Yesterday we attempted to have our last Crystal Reflections (Block of the Month) class but that was not to be as the blocks did not arrive but everyone worked on something.

Darlene stopped by and showed us her absolutely amazing Storm At Sea quilt which is humungous!  She's just picking off a few threads......

......and a few more threads - it really is gorgeous!

Laurissa shared her latest Applique design - hmmmm!  Could be an upcoming class!  If only she would write up the patterns!


Today was no exception!  Our "private" Sit & Sew had their Sunday sewing day and there was more Show & Share...... First Gail's gorgeous batik quilt made with Bali Pops!


Christina also had a beautiful quilt to share with us..........

Then we just started playing around, we all caught Carol using Gail's sewing machine because usually she just comes for the company and lunch.......however, today she bought one of our Easy Stripe Table Runner quilts and finished the table runner!  Way to go Carol!!!!!

Then I had to take a picture of Gail getting ready to take a picture of me....just horsing around!

In the meantime Cathie was busy with her Califon - Marc Lipinsky's line for Northcott - I love this fabric and you just can't get it anymore.....too bad!  The quilt is going to be really cool - can't wait to see it when it's done.....

Meanwhile out in the store......one of our customers brought in two quilts I just had to share with you.  The first one is a copy of my "Out of The House" quilt with the cat border!  It's awesome - she used the border from the Moonbeams fabric and it came out beautiful.......  When I made the design for the "Out of The House" fabric this was exactly what I had in mind - that you could take any border fabric and make up the same quilt......

She also brought in a stunning braid quilt!  I took the picture sideways but any way you look at this it is stunning.......

I just love the progression from light to dark - it almost looks like there is a light shining on the centre of the quilt......

Keep those gorgeous quilts coming!  We love Show & Share!  After that I had to get back to the kitchen where there was a tornado or something (that's usually how it looks after I prepare a meal) and get it cleaned up so I could start cooking again for tomorrow......

I actually did get to spend a little time playing with Sonia (my Janome) and got all the sashing pieces sewn and some actually sewn onto the blocks of the Marti Michell American Beauty quilt....(while I was cooking lunch for tomorrow!)

Now it's late and I need to get my "beauty" sleep, so,

Happy quilting!

Jo-Ann

2 comments:

Deb said...

I usually can't wait till Monday for your show and share posts..so it is great to see what happens on Sunday!! awesome quilts and looks like major fun...you can cook at my house anytime...

Cock-A-Doodle Quilts said...

If you want to have my cooking you have to come to MY kitchen, lol
The Monday Show & Share's will be posted later in the day!