Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Stop the presses.......

It was a very productive day today!  The car wouldn't start so Barb picked me up and off we went to the store with a quick pit stop at Camisso's to pick up fresh bread for lunch.

I headed for the office right away and got the Newsletter sent off to my amazing printer (Superior Printing - if you need fast and fabulous, he's your guy).  I then sent it off to our web guy (who hopefully has posted it by now) and we were off to the races.

I also managed to get the car in for service finally and should have it back tomorrow some time so I had to rely on Barb and Rich as taxi service for the day.  In anticipation, Rich and I picked up stamps and headed back to the store......

The printed Newsletter arrived at 6:00 P.M. and Barb and I set up the TV and our work station - ordered Swiss Chalet as a treat, and then stuffed, sealed and stamped envelopes.....In record time (by 11:00 P.M.) we were done.


Since I'm taking the pictures, you don't get to see me stuffing, but the big messy pile is mine.......

By 11:30 P.M., we were off to the races.......in a blinding snow storm (okay, so it was just snowing).....


Rich and I hopped in the truck and headed for Gateway Postal Depot............................


Where Rich stuffed three mailboxes..........................


While it snowed all over us.......................


Well at least he was smiling and really stuffing those mailboxes........

They should be arriving at your mailboxes by Wednesday.  I can't believe that the boxes say pick-up at 17:00 hr - that is so lame, it is right outside of the sorting depot for heaven sakes!  Oh well, we'll see!  I still think it's faster this way......

Needless to say I got NO quilting done today, but, I did order a whole bunch of new patterns from P3 Designs which hopefully will arrive before the Open House which is on January 14th, 15th and 16th!

Hopefully tomorrow I'll get some quilting done too!  (It was one of my resolutions - to quilt at least an hour every day!)  We'll see how long I can keep that up......

Time to get to bed - I started reading My Sister's Keeper so I'm itching to get back to it.....Good Night everyone!

Happy Quilting!

Jo-Ann

2 comments:

Briarose said...

I have been waiting (not so patiently) for the newsletter to come out so I could sign up for the American Beauty BOM...and I signed up today! I think I have driven everyone in the shop crazy calling about this BOM. I have been following the blog posts and I don't know what it is about this quilt, but I fell in love with it the first time I saw it....there goes my New Year's resolution not to start any more BOM's....what a way to start the New Year. Thanks Jo-Ann.....oh, and I signed up for the April mystery with Lucie (can you stand another night of us?)...and I signed up for...and..and....oooh, I was naughty! But, it is so much fun! Claire

Cock-A-Doodle Quilts said...

I am so glad! You see, when you sign up early for classes - there's always space......and that BOM is to die for! The fabrics are too gorgeous - the pictures don't do it justice at all!

You will love it!