Friday, November 2, 2012

Adding....

Have you seen these two fabulous books?  They are actually two of my favourite books for a load of reasons - the most important one being that they are catalysts in dealing with my unwieldy stash!  These books were both written by two very talented local quilters - Mary Elizabeth Kinch and Biz Storms.


 This is the latest book - Small Pieces, Spectacular Quilts and if you remember that handy little tool - the seam roller - that I mentioned a couple of weeks ago, well it appears again on page 21 of this book.  Many of the quilts in this book were quilted by local long-arm machine quilters - Margaret Mitchell and Sandra Reed. 


This is the first book and my copy is at home where I can't reference any of the really important stuff.....but, I do know that I have plans for my baskets full of scraps.....

Mary Elizabeth dropped in today to pick up some fabrics - can't wait to see what she's working on now.....so, in order to keep up with Mary Elizabeth I have, with her permission, added her blog to our favourites....so you can check her works in progress too!

I really have to get some packing done here so that we can get out of here quickly when the time comes (very, very soon!)  I also have a lot to do in terms of quilting so on that note I will wish you all.....

Happy Quilting!

Jo-Ann



No comments: