Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Okay, I give up!

Somebody needs to explain to me where the last 10 days went?!?!  I cannot believe that I have not blogged for 10 days.  I mean seriously, what have I been doing?

I know, we started the move on the 7th of November and that's the day I lost touch with the world.  The computers were disconnected for close to 8 days.  It was like being in a void, very weird but, that's not to say we weren't busy.  The 7th was a Wednesday and we spent Thursday and Friday cleaning out 115 Miranda and literally dumping it into 2700 Dufferin Street - see for yourselves what I am talking about.  These pictures were taken after we moved all the fabric into the shelves at the front!  What a mess.....

As previously mentioned, Gail came by on Wednesday to help me clean up and organize the front of the shop so that we could actually put things where they had to go.....

On Friday night (Nov 9) Cathie and Gail came after work and organized the fabrics - I sat back and supervised (right!)....


Trust me when I say, there was fabric everywhere.  But, at the end of the evening the store was beginning to form.  Saturday I had help from Rita, Gillian and Tonya as we began clearing the back room.  We needed enough of the room cleared to accomodate 4 for Stitch & Bitch Sunday and after a full day of work we were able to do it.....

The monthly Sunday Stitch & Bitch was a go - we have a food station which seems to work out really well.
 Everyone had plenty of space to work.
 ...and dessert worked out pretty good too!
Alot has happened since then and the store is looking really good - but you'll have to come in to see the progress, although I may drop a few pics in before you make it in for a visit.

Needless to say there is still alot to do but slowly but surely it is all getting done.  I spent a good part of today organizing our thread unit.  Now there are signs up telling you what the threads are and what they do.  It helps if it's easier to pick the right thread for the job you want to do.  If you have any questions about thread, don't hesitate to ask.
 I also ordered in a few Applique Scissor Sets by Clauss which are wonderful for any avid sewer, hand or machine.  The set of 3 is $64.50, say you saw it here and get a 15% discount.  What a great gift idea for someone special!
My next job is tackling all the patterns that we have.  The move had them dropped into two huge baskets and now they have to be sorted and re-hung.  I know I want to make each and every one of them, otherwise I wouldn't have ordered them but even so, you forget what you have.  It will actually be fun to see what's there!  Will keep you all posted....

Happy Quilting,

Jo-Ann

1 comment:

Virginia Rothwell said...

Are these the BEST VIEWS you could have posted of your helpers?????