Friday, November 23, 2012

New, new and new!

Okay, I've been promising this quilt for months and it is now kitted and in the store - Winnie the Pooh and Tigger Too! We've got 7 in stock and once they are gone - they are gone! Don't miss out - it's really adorable and super quick and easy (unless I'm doing it - then it takes forever!)



Books, books, books! There are 4 new books in stock. I admit, I am addicted to quilting books, but, when I see something that sparks my creative juices and motivates me I just have to have it.

Lately I have been obsessed with anything that uses up scraps! I have so many that it just makes sense and Successful Scrap Quilts from Simple Rectangles by Judy Turner and Margaret Rolfe has 15 fabulous projects to use them up. Better yet - as the title promises, all from rectangles, how easy can that be. I haven't had a chance to try anything out yet but I'm sure I will have to dig into my scrap basket soon.


Recognize the name? Barbara J. Jones has put together A Batch of Quilt Soup with some fun patchwork and applique patterns. I actually put aside a copy for me cause I really do love her patterns, but for now I really can't start anything new - so my copy is back on the shelf. We also have quite a few of her patterns which I will put nearby - she's a very talented quilter.


What can I say - anything Kim Diehl comes out with I have to own and Homestyle Quilts, her latest book, is no exception. I love her simple folk art patterns and her choice of warm colour palettes. It makes me feel cozy and warm, just looking through her books. You know I've already snagged my copy.


My last acquisition is Design, Create & Quilt by Ruth Hughes. This is really one of those rare books you have to own. It's a technique and a tutorial and takes you far beyond the traditional. Ruth has a way of making it look so easy and her methodology reinforces the ease at which you can create, not only her masterpieces but your own as well.



There you are, lots to see and look at in the new store. You will be wondering how we fit it in to this cozy little space.....Tonight is our monthly meeting of the "Don't Dare Bring Your Machine Group" otherwise known as the "Applecake Club" - dinner and hand work (you can knit too - we don't point fingers here!)...There are  two spaces available if you feel like hanging out with a bunch of quilters tonight!

Hope to see you soon!

Happy Quilting!


Jo-Ann

No comments: