Sunday, April 4, 2010

Sometimes.....

Sometimes we are faced with really tough decisions.  We all know they can be hard and even heartbreaking but we make our choices and then we deal with them.

Most of you know that I have a beautiful "big" brown Labrador Retriever named Bosley.  Bosley is a goof and I adore him but - and this has been a huge BUT in my mind for a long time - he is not having a good life living with me and Jonathan.  His day consisted of perching himself on the back of the couch and staring out the window as the world went by - or finding a phone, or a shoe or a spool of King Tut thread to chew on!  (Yeah! the expensive stuff - it was always the expensive stuff!)  He got let out in the backyard to do his business, never got walked and besides the odd trip to the store or the vet, never went out.  Exercise was chasing Simon the cat!  It was unfair and it went on for three years......  My hours have always been crazy and I couldn't count on Jonathan to be there either.  This was not a life for a very intelligent and sweet natured dog.....

So - when I ran into Matt and Linda at the Etobicoke Quilt Show last weekend I semi-jokingly asked them if they wanted a chocolate Lab!  Matt wanted to know if he could go get him right then.....

Yesterday, with Barb's help and support, I packed Bosley into the car along with toys, food, treats and crate and we drove out to Linda's......he has a wonderful new home and as you can see by the pictures - he's going to fit right in....

A picture of Matt taking a picture of Ainsley giving Bosley an ear scratch........

Got comfortable with a bone (doesn't look comfortable but that's the way he lies down......hurts to look at him!)

Just checking things out!

Ok - let's play....but I'll keep the bone!

No - seriously I am not giving up the bone......

Getting a good scratch from Linda and looking straight at me......for a change!

He's with a wonderful family now and he will be loved and I do get visiting privileges!  Today he went for 3 mile hike to the Royal Botanical Gardens, came home and went for another walk.  Matt had introduced him to most of the neighbours by the time we left last night!  He has a mommy, a daddy and Ainsley and Morgan (a sister and brother) and he's certainly not alone.  There's a 37 year old parrot waiting patiently to get a piece of his nose or ear or something, a huge goldfish and Snickers the cat who is just lying low for now, waiting to see what this new "thing" is in the house......

He slept well last night and Linda said he only whimpered a little - see, I was right - I'll bet he thinks he's died and gone to doggy heaven! 

I miss him like crazy but I can tell you Simon (the cat) was not at all upset about this - he has the run of the house and I can leave my shoes out again!

I spent part of today getting started on cleaning the back yard - don't ask!  I am also looking forward to seeing my house without dog hair - with what Bos left behind I could probably knit up 3 more chocolate labs and not even realize he's missing if I perch one on the couch!

I know that you all read the blog to hear about the store and all the new things going on and coming in so I hope I didn't bend your ears too much! I'll tell you that we still have some great upcoming classes before the new newsletter hits the printer.......

Colour In Quilting is coming up on April 9th.  Pam's class will definitely put you into a comfort zone with choosing colours for your quilts.....

Bobbin Work & Couching is on April 14th with Carolyn and there are a couple of spaces still available.....

Machine Applique Techniques with Elaine is April 15th and there are a few spaces left.

I know some people don't like to book too far in advance - you never know what's going to happen but I remember, I used to miss classed because I would forget to book them in time!

Okay - enough rambling - am going to my mom's for dinner tonight (taking some Sashiko to stitch) so gotta get going.....

Happy Quilting!

Jo-Ann

1 comment:

Deb said...

Bosley looks happy and at least it was a decision to a great and loving home..your inner voice will be happy to know that Bosley is getting a wonderful doggy life. Visiting rights are a bonus..as for the cat..believe me she will get board..LOL