Thursday, January 8, 2009

I thought I would share......

The next few days, including today, are going to be rather hectic so blogging in the a.m. is probably a good plan. Last week I mentioned that I was going to download my EQ6 Upgrade so that I could design the Flannel Quilt with those "luscious" flannels we recently got into the store.
With all good intentions to get it done, I attempted to download the program only to find that the disc drive in the computer wasn't working. Off I went to Best Buy on Monday night to get a new one which Richard installed for me. Step one was done! I was able to download EQ6 Monday night - however, I couldn't "activate" it because the internet wasn't working. (Had something to do with owing them money???? You mean you have to pay every month???? I have been so busy lately that one month just ran into the next.....) Ran to the office that night and made the payment (and sent out Monday's Blog).

By Tuesday night they had reinstated my internet and I was good to go. That's when the big trouble started. I used to have a laptop with a wireless keyboard and mouse all set up on the desk in my "home" office. After it crashed twice in one year I gave it up for an extra PC which I moved to the house from my other office. I didn't give up the wireless keyboard and mouse but suddenly they were not working properly with the computer. (Yes - I tried changing the batteries!) Yesterday I just got fed up - and off I went to TigerDirect last night. I got a new keyboard and mouse (not wireless - why pay for batteries!), a longer cord for the printer (which is now NOT WORKING???), and a new 19" Monitor which is amazing!

This all led to......you guessed it! Cleaning! Not that clear a picture but there's a huge pile of "stuff" on the left had side of the desk.


This area used to be a closet and I had it built into a desk with shelves. Anyway, now there's a clean space which promotes getting things done. Organized space is so much easier to work in. (The rest of this room looks like it's been hit by a Tornado and I'm not ready to share that yet!)
So finally, after a week of prepping the space......the Flannel Quilt is designed.
It was really fun working in EQ6. I was able to import the actual flannel fabrics from the Avlyn website and use them in the quilt. They are the two fabrics in the lower left of the picture of the fat quarters. I can't wait to see this one done up! (I am not starting another project right now!)

I have been doing the lessons that came with the EQ6 program and I am really enjoying it! Needless to say I have not had any time to quilt but as I manage to get each room and area organized in the house I know I will soon have the time to do the things I love to do when I'm home!

I am now off to get ready for the Open House this weekend and I can't wait to see you all there!

Happy Quilting!


Jo-Ann

No comments: