Wednesday, January 28, 2009

What's happening....!

The Shipshewana Club met last night at the store so I had a reason to go over and play.....I think next month's meeting will be when we unveil how far they have gotten with their blocks.....

I am still obsessed with my Strip Its! So my next experiment was to cut half meters of the fabric and slice horizontally along the pattern changes....this really works great! I chose black and white for now as I am building the black and white quilt first.... With a 2-1/2" center square I made up two log cabin blocks.....I'm impressed! They are tone on tone which you can almost see on the block in the foreground in the white fabrics. There are still more possibilities which I am going to continue to pursue. Looks like it will almost be a sampler quilt......we'll have to wait and see.
Laurissa (who presides over the Shipshewana Club) brought in the completed Starry Nights quilt, last year's Block Of The Month. It is huge (queen size) and absolutely gorgeous! Took 3 people to hold it up for the picture. (Please note Laurissa's index finger in this picture!......hmmm I must have said something!)

She seems to be behaving in the second picture.......The kits are still available as a Block of The Month if you are interested and we will be putting them up on the website shortly. Just give us a call - there are two colorways - the one shown is called Starry Nights and the other colorway is a pastel toned batik called Fairy Dust.Let's see what Barb is working on these days. A table runner from the Art to Heart Book - Love Is....She has chosen (not really, I picked up a kit on our last trip to New Jersey) pink hearts on a cream and pink floral background. It's going to be gorgeous! At the moment she's studying the "over/under" of the hearts which have to be cut...euwww!

Flo is watching here cut the hearts.......scary stuff! (She says I would have thrown it out by now - as I have no patience for this! She may be right!!??) Glad she's the one who's doing it.....

This is the photo from the book - you can do placemats as well. Very timely with Valentine's Day just around the corner.....
We're all very busy at Cock-A-Doodle doing up samples, unloading boxes of new inventory and getting ready for SUPER BOLT SUNDAY! You will not want to miss it......
Happy Quilting!
Jo-Ann

No comments: